HTC MAGIC original ROM running on TIM, unbranded A6161, Rogers, ... by daldroid

Search This thread

daldroid

May 28, 2009
Hi all,
here you can find my modded recovery image and a rom based on the original rom for HTC magic (model A6161 sold in scandinavia).

BEWARE, it works on TIM Magic, recovery was tested on Original Unbranded Magic, but the rom has to be tested yet.
I modded it to grant root access from adb shell. It doesn't work unmodified on Vodafone Magic and other devices with modified SPL. SPL working for this ROM is .2008, Board is PVT 32A.

I've no time to provide a step-by-step guide right now. Sorry to be in a hurry.
You have to download the images, then:

- copy the signed zip file as update.zip into your sd card root
- fastboot the recovery image
- select nandroid backup from the menu (so you're going to dump your original ROM)
- select wipe data
- select apply update
- select reboot
- wait a long time for the first initialization.

I'm sorry for italian guys, it seems TIM sim customizes the phone for noverca. You'll have to change your apn settings, so during the wizard setup, press ignore when asked for google account setup. You'll configure it later.

DISCLAIMER: WARNING, you're going to format all of your data and the rom has not been tested for full functionality. Flashing unofficial roms ROMs will invalidate your warranty and you can make your device unusable. Do it at your own responsability. Non experienced users, please wait for for feedbacks by more experienced users.
Please post any comment in this thread.

----- links --------
Recovery:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JYPX30HN

Rooted (adb shell) Original HTC ROM for Magic:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=65MNJXYS

Greetings,
daldroid

Last edited:

daldroid

May 28, 2009
-------------------------------
TEMPORARY FIX to V1 ROM

Attached to this post and mirrored on:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NXIV2FIA

Enables multilanguage selection
Imports extended list of APNs
-------------------------------
1) Download the .zip file
2) Rename it to update.zip and transfer it to SD card
3) reboot in recovery mode (fastboot daldroid recovery if you didn't flash a modded recovery)
4) optionally select WIPE from the menu (I only had time to test with WIPE, as for initial setup. Maybe working without wiping too)
5) reboot
6) Make your initial setup. select "change language" to have the full list available
NOTE: No Chinese Input Method was ADDED (HTC_CIME). Search this thread for a way to install it if needed.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Attachments

• daldroid-update-lang-apns.zip
    5.3 KB · Views: 1,221
Last edited:

angelsanges

Mar 26, 2006
little help for italian TIM users

In this way you can backup your original TIM image
fastboot boot daldroid-recovery.img
magic reboots
- select nandroid backup from the menu (so you're going to dump your original ROM)

if you want to flash the new image i sugest you to wait the HERO image that Daldroid will prepare.

Last edited:

dondian

May 20, 2007
@angelsanges: Hero magic for Magic? That sounds nice, any infos on when / what will be in it? ;)

amigo80

May 21, 2009
Just tested the rom on my org. htc magic and it is working fine. It is nice to have root :)

thx a lot daldroid

Last edited:

daldroid

May 28, 2009
Just tested the rom on my org. htc magic and it is working fine. It is nice to have root :)

thx a lot daldroid

You are welcome.
When I have some more time, I would like to fill the first posts I reserved in this thread with info about confirmed working installation, etc.
Let's say any info (or link to already posted info) could be of help to other users of the community.

Counting on the help of users having successfully flashed these images to fill a small template about your model, original radio version, spl, kernel version, CPLD, board, etc. etc..
I'm asking this because we have to think that in the future other different models could be released and some new user could try to flash these images only because he bought an Original HTC (do you remember how many of us tried booting the vodafone Magic images with the only result to hang on splash screen?)
A detailed table of confirmed working phones could be of help to them.

Bye
daldroid

nabilou

Dec 26, 2008
hi there naldroid

i see the recovery image aint working again...on my tim' sapph'

appreciate your efforts , thanks ,

people are waiting ....for tim' to get unlocked

have a nice day mr brains ;)

:p

nabilou

Dec 26, 2008
specs for naldroid...

hi again sorry i m newbie...so i ll just copy and paste whats on ..."about phone" section..firm...1.5 i think they started whith this firmware...original not like g1 1.1
baseband 65.52s.20.18u_3.22.20.17
kernel 2.6.27-357975db
herbert@and18-2 #1069
build 2.15.901.4 146733 cl#30006 relase-keys...

ok and after recovery with your latest recovery posted here , hangs on tim splash screen...

hope i helped

thanks again crows r counting on you fellow sorry in africa no credit cards or else you'd already had some nesquik support ... :p

wassss

Jun 11, 2006
Hi all,
here you can find my modded recovery image and a rom based on the original rom for HTC magic (model A6161 sold in scandinavia).

BEWARE, it works on TIM Magic, recovery was tested on Original Unbranded Magic, but the rom has to be tested yet.
I modded it to grant root access from adb shell. It doesn't work unmodified on Vodafone Magic and other devices with modified SPL. SPL working for this ROM is .2008, Board is PVT 32A.

I've no time to provide a step-by-step guide right now. Sorry to be in a hurry.
You have to download the images, then:

- copy the signed zip file as update.zip into your sd card root
- fastboot the recovery image
- select wipe data
- select apply update
- select reboot
- wait a long time for the first initialization.

I'm sorry for italian guys, it seems TIM sim customizes the phone for noverca. You'll have to change your apn settings, so during the wizard setup, press ignore when asked for google account setup. You'll configure it later.

DISCLAIMER: WARNING, you're going to format all of your data and the rom has not been tested for full functionality. Flashing unofficial roms ROMs will invalidate your warranty and you can make your device unusable. Do it at your own responsability. Non experienced users, please wait for for feedbacks by more experienced users.
Please post any comment in this thread.

----- links --------
Recovery:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JYPX30HN

Rooted (adb shell) Original HTC ROM for Magic:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=65MNJXYS

Greetings,
daldroid

I'm sfr user in france

I've flash recovery and wiped, then I applied update (it's not my 1st flashing)

problem, it froze in splash screen boot

nothing happenin after 10 minutes ...

please help

daldroid

May 28, 2009
hi again sorry i m newbie...so i ll just copy and paste whats on ..."about phone" section..firm...1.5 i think they started whith this firmware...original not like g1 1.1
baseband 65.52s.20.18u_3.22.20.17
kernel 2.6.27-357975db
herbert@and18-2 #1069
build 2.15.901.4 146733 cl#30006 relase-keys...

ok and after recovery with your latest recovery posted here , hangs on tim splash screen...

hope i helped

thanks again crows r counting on you fellow sorry in africa no credit cards or else you'd already had some nesquik support ... :p

Hello,
would you mind put your phone in fastboot mode (switch it off, then press back+power) and write down the info in the top half of the screen?

e.g.
SAPPHIRE PVT 32A SHIP S-ON H
HBOOT-1.33.0008 (SAPP10000)
CPLD-12
RADIO-3.22.20.17
Apr 29 2009,02:28:53

FASTBOOT

amigo80

May 21, 2009
My info:

SAPPHIRE PVT 32A SHIP S-ON H
HBOOT-1.33.0009 (SAPP10000)
CPLD-12
RADIO-3.22.20.17

Everything seem to be working fine

daldroid

May 28, 2009
I'm sfr user in france

I've flash recovery and wiped, then I applied update (it's not my 1st flashing)

problem, it froze in splash screen boot

nothing happenin after 10 minutes ...

please help

Did you follow the steps in the correct order? What was the result of fastboot?
Did the fastboot also hang on the splash screen?
Do you have a TIM, Original HTC Magic or Rogers phone or do you have vodafone one?

Since it's not your first flash, I assume you already flashed your phone, so I suppose you have a vodafone Magic/sapphire.
In that case the board is PVT 32B (not PVT 32A) and you have a different bootloader. And in this case the fastboot shoud have hanged on logo screen.

If not able to fastboot my recovery-image, I suppose you flashed the ROM with a recovery image you already flashed.

If my assuptions are true, you have to boot in recovery-mode from your flashed recovery (or fastbooting into a working recovery for your phone) and flash again your previous ROM image with the procedure you are used to.
This ROM doesn't work on VODAFONE Magics.

Let me know
Bye
daldroid

wassss

Jun 11, 2006
SAPPHIRE PVT 32B ENG S-OFF H
HBOOT-1.33.2005 (SAPP10000)
CPLD-10
RADIO-2.22.19.26I
Apr 20 2009, 15:30

I will try with a recovery image I already flashed

thx for your answer man

Last edited:

wassss

Jun 11, 2006
Did you follow the steps in the correct order? What was the result of fastboot?
Did the fastboot also hang on the splash screen?
Do you have a TIM, Original HTC Magic or Rogers phone or do you have vodafone one?

Since it's not your first flash, I assume you already flashed your phone, so I suppose you have a vodafone Magic/sapphire.
In that case the board is PVT 32B (not PVT 32A) and you have a different bootloader. And in this case the fastboot shoud have hanged on logo screen.

If not able to fastboot my recovery-image, I suppose you flashed the ROM with a recovery image you already flashed.

If my assuptions are true, you have to boot in recovery-mode from your flashed recovery (or fastbooting into a working recovery for your phone) and flash again your previous ROM image with the procedure you are used to.
This ROM doesn't work on VODAFONE Magics.

Let me know
Bye
daldroid

how many time the first boot after flashing ?